THE SLUTS UNITE OATH
I believe that sex represents more than just the creation of children.
I believe it is an enjoyable, healthy and a profound part of the human experience.
I also believe that the responsible use of birth control is an essential component of a mature, civilized society.
And if these beliefs make me a slut in some people’s eyes, then so be it.
I will stand united with my fellow sluts, now and always.
Today we realized that we have 802 followers. Thank you all. Your support is amazing.
In honor of reaching 800, I would like to ask: What do you want to hear about? Do you want more Question and Answers (if so: Do you want them scheduled? Once a week?) What topics do you feel you are lacking information about?
Currently in Progress: A post on New Relationship Energy (NRE), New Lovers and New Metamours - is there anything particular you would like included in this post?
Without all of you, FuckYeahPolyamory woud be nothing. Please let us know if there’s anything we can do for you.
Forever and Thank You All,
Fuck Yeah Polyamory
The goal of most of these question and answers have been to figure out a topic to write a post about. Unfortunately, there must be some serious writers’ block in the air.
What sorts of topics would you like to see in an upcoming post?
I looked at that group :) Still cautiously looking around - though I encourage anyone on FetLife to go ahead and take a peek :)
Asked by rayoffuckingsunshine
What is your favorite made up word used to describe aspects of polyamory?
Please be sure to describe the word and how it is used in context.
We’ll start with an example: poly-monogamy. The practice of being “monogamous” while polyamorous. This has also been used to describe the practice of being polyamorous with only one sexual partner. Several other uses have been described where “when a monogamous person is dating a polyamorous person” or “being ‘monogamous’ with multiple people.” I’m sure there are lots of other uses out there of this too! It has been used in both positive and negative descriptions of polyamory.
I was recently visiting an old member of my poly family from undergrad in Richmond, Virginia (one of the most poly friendly cities on the east coast in my personal opinion). I mentioned to her that I didn’t know what to recommend when it came to dating sites and that there had been lots of questions asked.
Her response: Try Fetlife
My response: Why?
I had never heard anything about the website (positive or negative) previously, so I asked more.
It’s a great way to get in touch with the local poly and/or bdsm community in one’s local area. Individual community groups can even focus on age ranges, common interests, and arrange local meet ups. It also seems more heavily populated than meetup.com’s poly groups.
Unlike a website intended purely for dating, it is a social network for people interested in alternative relationships. You also have a huge amount of control over who can contact you, what people can see, etc. The profile is easy enough to create and here are some awesome things about this website:
- You can list yourself as your personal gender identity
- There are a large number of sexual orientation identities to choose from
- You can post pictures, videos, and large text posts
- You can indicate what you’re looking for at the website (dating, community groups, local activities, etc)
- You can list your kink orientation / preferred role in a relationship (Master, Slave, Switch, Submissive, Dominant, Vanilla, Pet, etc.)
- It emphasizes your comfort and safety.
My former partner also mentioned the mentality needed while using this website:
“Make rules about who can friend you or contact you. If you don’t want to talk to someone, block them. You have no obligation to reply.”
Some suggested rules:
- Friend only people you know in person
- Friend only people that you have contact with through a secondary source
- Because your profile picture is public, keep it discrete and non-identifying
- Make identifying pictures friends only
- Relax - imagine you’re in a room with hundreds of people and occasionally you’ll bump into someone creepy and occasionally you’ll bump into someone that just wants to pay you a compliment. You have no obligations to anyone in that room.
- Have fun.
I will be making a FuckYeahPolyamory community group on FetLife for anyone that follows this blog :) I will post a link to it as soon as that is set up.